WCF tutorial | Querying/Updating data in RIA Service
Querying/Updating data in RIA Service
The below diagram are self explanatory to discuss about the querying or updating the data using RIA service
fig: WCF RIA to Query data
fig: WCF RIA to update data
- Always create the service with Interface->Implementation format, mention the contract in Interface.
- Define the service in Class library and refer the class library in Host project. Don’t use service class in host project.
- Change the instance mode to per call as default.
- Always catch exception using try/catch block and throw exception using FaultException < T >.
- Logging and Include exception should be enable while compiling the project in debug mode. While in production deployment disable the logging and Include exception details.