WCF tutorial | WCF Data Service Architecture
WCF Data Service Architecture
This architecture diagram explains about the end-to-end components involved in the Data Service. It can expose data from any source by using data provider and service uses the OData protocol for communication. Response will return in either Atom or JSON format.
Client libraries will reside in the client application to consume the WCF data service. Libraries will vary based on the platform.
- Always create the service with Interface->Implementation format, mention the contract in Interface.
- Define the service in Class library and refer the class library in Host project. Don’t use service class in host project.
- Change the instance mode to per call as default.
- Always catch exception using try/catch block and throw exception using FaultException < T >.
- Logging and Include exception should be enable while compiling the project in debug mode. While in production deployment disable the logging and Include exception details.